Thursday, April 2, 2009

Daily Zoot - 4/2/09 - Practice?

The Daily Zoot is all the news you needed to know yesterday, soon

Due to time restrictions, the Zoot has been cut a little short today. Back in full in the coming days.

- After missing 16 games with a sore back, Allen Iverson returned to the Piston's lineup this week; well not really lineup, and that's sort of the problem. Iverson has been coming off the bench since his return, an arrangement he had endorsed while he was injured. I remember hearing that he was ok with a bench role and then immediately bracing myself for the apocalypse. Luckily my faith in Iverson, and to a much larger extent in the inevitability of existence, has been restored. Its only been three games and Iverson is already tired of his new role. He would rather retire than come off the bench; he said, "I recently discovered there is an "I"in Pistons, and a capital "I" in Iverson." AI has been a starter since he was the number one overall pick in 1996, and is the poster child for athlete primadonnadom(ness?). Talking about Iverson issues gives me a chance to bring up a ThemSports favorite, let this wash over you:
That's the Iverson I like. Not the one who chopped off his rows and accepted a bench role. If you ask me, you gotta do you, and nobody does he better than Allen Iverson. Part of me is glad Iverson has resorted to his old ways, I was waiting for the seasons to stop changing.


No comments:

Post a Comment