Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Daily Zoot - 4/28/09 - Rajon Rondo; Point Zoot

The Daily Zoot is all the news you needed to know yesterday, soon
-That picture says everything about why I love Rajon Rondo. Not because of the steal, or the hustle; but because even in this moment, he doesn't look scared. Derrick Rose looks scared though. He looks like Nic Cage diving after that VX in the Rock. Rondo is averaging a man-sized triple-double (23.3 pts, 10.8 rebs, 10 asts, 3.5 stls, and under 2 TOS a game) in the first four games of a series against the Bulls thats locked up at 2-2. I've been watching Rondo since his career began, and I feel like a proud father now that he's showin' out (don't you see the resemblance? He gets the headband from me). How do I love rondo? Let me count the ways...

-I am going to sweat more while writing this zoot than he would during an entire regulation NBA game (which is more about my issues than his, but you get the idea). He's got Frankenstein's composure, from before he was brought back to life.

-True Story: His bare-feet haven't touched the ground in almost 3 years. He is always wearing double layer socks or flip flops or anything; but the tootsies never touch the floor (Is it ok for me to call another man's feet tootsies?). He showers 5 times on game day. We call him superstitious because he's a pro-athlete; but if he were just a regular guy, we'd call him Obsessive Compulsive. I like my point guard to be a little bit crazy (which is why I love this man, but thats a story for a different day).

-He's kind of a jerk. Watch this. Even though he started it, who are you rooting for in that fight (hint: he's not wearing purple)?

-He's on the small side at 6-1, 170, but he makes up for it in the arm department. His wingspan is 6'10". His hands are so big he can greet everyone in the room at once. He uses those pipe-lines (I feel like I'm under-selling it if I just say Pipes) and those big hands to do this fancy little behind the back move. And he does that all the time. He makes plays in the playoffs that other guys are afraid to try in the gym alone. 

-He's only 23.

(somebody stop me, I could go on all day)

In addition to all the Rondo love, tonight is game 5 in a tied series. It is a must-win for both teams. But if you wanna watch just for Rondo, I'd understand.

2 comments:

  1. This is in regards to your poll this week. It is bullshit that there is no crackerjacks or "trying to catch a foul ball with your little league glove" on the list. Fuck your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bulls Celtics... best first round series of all time potential.....?

    ReplyDelete