Friday, February 27, 2009

Albert Heinous-worth


100 million freakin' dollars? Are you kidding me? God I wish I was that fat and strong. It's amazing how year in and year out, the Redskins manage to make some drastic move that "wins" them the offseason with rave reviews from commentary. Congratulations Dan Snyder, you are the MVP of the offseason as far as GMs are concerned.

When I sat down with Snyder in our Zoot-tacular special, he mentioned their current offseason philosophy for the team. He noted that "although actually winning games and establishing a solid post-season record are seen as important for competitive sports, [he] felt the offseason was where it was at." Unbelievable. Literally. So anyway, this deal with Heinous-worth is absolutely ridiculous with free agents on the market that are worth half the price and provide just as much. Former Raven Bart Scott has only been offered 40 mil by the Jets, Ray-ray till wants a contract and the Bucs just dropped a crap-load of defensive talent. They might work reaaaally well, but maybe that's why I'm not the GM.

I just happen to be a Redskins fan, and I can't see myself ever wanting a player for 100-million dollars unless I knew it was going to a good cause. No face-stepping, Albert.

1 comment:

  1. I feel that almost every Redskins fan minus two (2) are upset about this deal. It was surprising to hear some positivity in the matter from my little bro and father, both of whom are die hard 'Skins fans.

    What was their reasoning?

    I don't remember, I was too busy watching Andy Reid tear the Philadelphia Eagle's apart.

    ReplyDelete