Thursday, February 12, 2009

Lebron; No Homo

It recent months it has become clear to me that my obsession with Lebron James has hit its climax. Every night as I sit on my couch and enjoy my late night snack of Van Pelt and Scott, I cuddle up to my 11PM Sportscenter in awe at the amount of Top 10 plays this man creates. And if that wasn't enough, now I get to have my brain tickled by the commercial that has Lebron playing for the Cleveland Browns.

Kellen "soldier" Winslow Jr., Braylon Edwards, Lebron James --- that doesn't sound like too bad of a receiving core to me. Just the kind Brady Quinn needs: Freak athletes who are so big you literally cannot miss them.

But seriously, with so many athletes and celebrities in the negative spotlight how can I never find a reason to hate King James? A-rod and Torre, McGwire and his weird-ass brother, Bonds' life; I hate these things because they are always being talked about. But Lebron? He's been on the throne of every 80's/90's kid idol (Jordan) since he played in High School, is only 3 years older than me and was named 2007's #1 top earner under age 25. He's worth more than my entire family. But after all of the publicity, the can-he-do-its, the amazing plays and the stories on him every single freakin' day - I still watch with full intention with hopes that everyone fails and some how this behemoth of a man drags a team on his back to win. I watch with eagerness and amazement, with adoration and hope - and I finally came to a conclusion.. I'm a closet 2010 Knicks fan and I never even knew it.

No comments:

Post a Comment