Monday, February 16, 2009

Weekend Update


So the NBA All-Star weekend just happened, did anyone notice? No defense, Kobe and Shaq were co-MVPs, and no one could stop Lebron - sounds to me like another weekend at the office for everyone. It was nice to see Kobe and Shaq touching and talking again; and it's good to know that the last minute of the NBA All-Star game turned into a Lebron commercial to "try out" for next year's dunk competition. So, let's do the hypotheticals.


Players I think that will be able to rival Lebron:


D) None of the above


Players I think that Lebron will beat:


Everyone, because I'm pretty sure he can dunk on a 20 foot rim.


My only problem with this new-age idea of having people who are the best at basketball do all the best competitions is that we have no room for error. If Kobe and Lebron and Dwight and whomever else want to do the dunk competition, no one is going to stop them. Unless you've previously made up a gimmick and you're short enough to make a blown dunk look interesting, no one is going to give you any credit. Remember, I'm a 2010 Knicks/Lebron fan - I'm not interested in an itsy-bitsy Knicks player who dresses in green to prove to his friends that he can push off of Dwight Howard's shoulders to barely dunk.

Doesn't that player described just sound like a douchebag? This is why I can't wait for 2010 - so people can be amazed without having to worry about who has the winning outfit on.



No comments:

Post a Comment