Thursday, March 12, 2009

Daily Zoot - 3/12/09 - Non Sequitur Edition

The Daily Zoot is all the news you needed to know yesterday, soon

After a tough midterm week I feel more more burned out than Shaun Alexander with a case of the mondays. As a result I don't think I can give the Daily Zoot all it deserves. It will return in full capacity tomorrow when I've had time to locate the rest of my sanity. In the mean time, I thought I'd share a couple things going on in the world that you should be aware of:

This is the Alpheidae, or Pistol Shrimp. This is something that exists in our world. I'm not going to try and explain the sorcery that goes on when that shrimp thunder claps. All I know is that if animals are starting to evolve to the point that they naturally have their own weapons, I need to strap myself. I'd hate to be unprepared if I were to encounter a swordfish, or a kangaroo with boxing gloves.

This is the Jenga Pistol. Here are some other ways to destroy the games we all grew up loving:
-Start counterfeiting your own Monopoly money; there are no water seals. Also, bake a file into a cake before the game starts, in case you are crummy at rolling doubles.
-Play Guess Who with a race that you are not particularly familiar with. You'd be surprised how quickly you stop having when you can't distinguish the people on the cards from one another.
-Fat Free/Sugar Free Candy-land. It was designed to try and fight childhood obesity, but I think it has a shitty aftertaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment